Consistent with the mission of the University, the mission of the Office of Student Life Studies is to provide comprehensive assessment services that increase the Division’s knowledge about students, the educational environment, and support services to continuously improve learning and the college student experience.
The Office of Student Life Studies is housed within the Division for Student Affairs which consists of more than 22 departments all dedicated to creating a world-class student experience for each Prairie View Panther. No two people are the same and with respect to differing needs, backgrounds, and unique abilities. Each program and service offered in Student Affairs seeks to develop and grow students individually and collectively by making data-driven decisions which drive student success.
The office supports the Vice President for Student Affairs and the various program areas to assist students on their paths to success by gathering and utilizing data to help them live healthy, fulfilling lives throughout their time at Prairie View. Out impact is evident inside and outside the classroom.
To generate and share data that contribute to students’ realization of their potential.
- Provide leadership and facilitation for research and assessment of student and staff programs and services.
- Also, coordinate division’s comprehensive program review process.
- Division liaison in university’s accreditation process.
- Works all abortively with the office of VP in the division’s planning process.
- Facilitate special projects to determine student affairs contribution to academic success.
- Assists department with assessment and evaluation projects
- Develop and conduct training on assessment topics assist with budget development.
- Reduce Risk
WHY DO THIS……
- To Improve Retention + Graduation Rates
- Transform culture at PVAMU
- Improve career readiness and opportunities