Office of Sponsored Programs
Service to our research constituent is paramount to what we do in the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (OSP), which is nestled within the Office of Research Innovation and Sponsored Programs (ORISP). OSP is the centralized administrative office responsible for assisting research faculty/staffs in proposal administration and submissions, and for financial management of awarded grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements. Below are some useful tips and suggestions that will assist you as you liaise with OSP:
- Inform us as soon as possible once you have decided to pursue a particular funding opportunity. Give us a call to initiate a pre-proposal conversation. It will help us establish a rapport with you and to devote resources to your particular proposal needs.
- Complete the online intent-to-submit form located at https://www.pvamu.edu/research/office-of-sponsored-programs-osp/intent-to-submit/ once received, the appropriate proposal administrator will contact you with budget preparation assistance and other information request needed to administer your proposal.
- If your proposal is a limited submission, the link below will apprise you of our policies in choosing which proposal is accepted for submission:
- We ask that your final proposal be forwarded to the appropriate proposal administrator at least 2 weeks before agency deadline. This timeframe will allow for internal review, routing, and submission. We recommend you allow additional time if practicable for you.
- If your application is successful and we have received your notice of grant award from the agency, our contract negotiator will review for adequacy after which your award will be entered in Maestro, the Texas A&M University System’s grants management program.
- In Maestro, your new award will be tasked to a project administrator and an account/fund number established for the project.
- Please give your project administrator a call if you need an explanation of your award terms and conditions.
- Shared responsibilities require that you or your department administrator process required cost allocation or account profile form. Return forms to your project administrator as soon as possible.
- If your award requires collaboration with other entities, OSP will issue the required sub-awards to those entities following established guidelines.
- Your assigned project administrator will administer your new project helping with financial reporting, time & effort reporting, regular monitoring of expenditure, applicable cost transfers, no-cost extensions, and ultimate close out of the project. It is advantageous to maintain close contact with your project administrator as you continue to spend down your funds. Note that there is a shared-responsibility between ORSP and the department in the financial administration of your project.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.