Pre-Business and Advisement
Admission to the College of Business is a two-step process. To be considered for full admission, you must first satisfy a few minimum requirements and complete this application for admission to the COB. Until these requirements are satisfied, the COB welcomes you as a “Pre-Business” student. For admission requirements, please review the requirements for admission in the university catalog. Pre-business students have full access to the facilities and services offered by the college.
Students in Good Standing
Once accepted into a major in the College of Business, a student must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.30 in order to be in good standing in the academic program. Full admission requirements for the college are posed in the catalog.
Advisement and Registration Help
Professional advisement is a critical part of the educational experience, therefore, the more you communicate with your advisor, the more you will benefit from their expertise and receive personalized assistance. The College of Business is committed to students’ successes by helping them achieve their professional, career, personal and academic goals.
Through the advisement process, students should be able to accomplish the following:
- Interpret and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Understand program admission requirements and graduation requirements.
Additionally, your advisor:
- Serves a resource for information with regard to academic and support services available within the College of Business as well as the university.
- Helps students with degree audits and facilitates degree completion meetings.
- Assists with major selection, course selection, career goals and the registration process.
- Assesses individual student needs and makes appropriate internal referrals.
Students can view their advisor by logging in to Degree Works and reviewing their academic record. Registration forms and information is available online.
- Freshmen students should be advised through University College
- Business sophomores, juniors and seniors are advised in the College of Business by their assigned faculty or staff member.
- Undergraduate sophomore and transfer business students without an assigned advisor should contact College of Business Advisor Orlando Garcia at email@example.com or (936) 261-9228 for advisement and assistance.
- Graduate students (MBA and MSA) students should contact Graduate Programs in Business Director Gabriel Crosby at firstname.lastname@example.org or (936) 261-9215 for advisement and registration assistance.
- Executive MBA students should contact Assistant Director Andrea Wilkins at email@example.com, (936)261-3622 or (713) 790-7986 for advisement and registration assistance.