Student Research/Employment Opportunities
In addition to a strong teaching and mentoring program the Department of Physics offers excellent opportunities for students to take part in world class research. These opportunities are provided in different forms:
- Undergraduate Research Assistant for faculty on specific projects;
- Graduate Research Assistant for faculty on specific projects (currently the department has no graduate program, however, we hire students from graduate programs in other disciplines such as Architecture, Business, Chemistry, and Engineering);
- Laboratory Assistant to assist faculty in their laboratory instruction;
- Campus internship at research centers during summer and regular academic year;
- Research Internship at research centers at other universities during summer and regular academic year; and
- Cooperatives (Co-Ops) in industry and governmental laboratories.