The Physics Department possesses expertise in several areas of physics and engineering. Specific areas include:
- High Energy Physics (Judd)
- Magnetotransport and magnetization properties of anisotropic organic conductors (Storr)
- Materials deposition, atomic oxygen, experimental radiation studies (Wang)
- Microelectronics – semiconductor device modeling, radiation effects (Ciftja and Kumar)
- Oil reservoir analysis (Geophysics) (Aluka)
- Optical Physics (Bentley)
- Radiation Research & Medical Imaging (Saganti)
- Solar Observatory and Astronomy (Cudnik)
- Systems analysis and design – reliability and fault-tolerance, communication systems design, simulation and modeling (Kumar)
We also have a Small Business Mentoring Program, funded by the US Small Business Administration (SBA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), through the Science and Engineering Alliance (SEA). We are interested in submitting proposals to SBIR/STTR opportunities. We can provide expert assistance on proposal and budget preparations for our partners.
We are always seeking new partnerships to collaborate on existing as well as novel projects. We invite you to work with us so both our organizations may prosper.