The SCIENCE EDUCATION CENTER (SEC) consists of three components:
- Physics Education Research
- Science Exploration Laboratories
- Science Outreach to Parents and Community
The purpose of the SEC is to create an interactive learning environment to expose school students. Parents and other community members to the exciting aspects of science, its relevance to everyday life and the needed participation from all the constituents and stakeholders.
See the Video Clips from Science Education Center for a small selection of projects designed and built by middle and junior high school students in the department during summer 2004
Activities featured under the SEC will include:
- Profiles of scientists
- Resources for school teachers – education and training programs, professional development opportunities, etc.
- Science Education Standards
- Virtual Physics Museums
- Links to other SECs
- Cyber-Community of Learners
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.