The Central Utilities Department is committed to providing quality and reliable utility services to all facilities on campus to ensure a safe and comfortable working and learning environment for the administration, faculty, staff, students and visitors.
The department’s primary functions are as follows:
- Provide the following utilities in a safe and efficient manner: electricity, natural gas, HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning) systems, domestic hot water, steam and building emergency power.
- Provide maintenance on all related equipment such as high voltage switch gears, chillers, boilers, pumps, air handlers, heat exchangers, interconnecting cable/piping and emergency generators.
- Provide maintenance services for all building fire alarm systems to ensure that they meet all national and local fire safety codes.
- Provide one hour response time to daily comfort and other utility system complaints by calling 936- 261-3873 between 8am-5pm and afterhours by calling 936-261-3868.
- Provide emergency assistance to any mechanical and electrical after hours, weekend or holiday problems.