Executive Master of Business Administration
The Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) degree is designed for mid-level and senior executives seeking education and skills beyond the bachelor’s level in business, or the technical academic background they may possess as graduates in engineering, health care, education or other disciplines. Coursework and capstone project will enable graduates of the program to develop proficiency in analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating organizational problems with applicable solutions from the perspectives of high-level middle and senior managers. The program requires a total of thirty-six (36) hours of graduate course work.
Candidates seeking admission into the Executive Master of Business Administration Degree are required to submit an application for admission to the Graduate School and the Graduate Programs in Business Department:
- completed Application for Admission to the PVAMU Graduate School through www.applytexas.org
- completed Application for Admission for the PVAMU Executive MBA Program.
- a $50.00 non-refundable application fee. An additional $15.00 late fee is required if the application is submitted after the application deadline.
- a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 grading scale for regular graduate degree status.*
- three (3) letters of recommendation, including one letter certifying a minimum of three years of management/leadership experience (e.g., as project manager, director, district manager, supervisor, etc.) or two years of executive level experience. Letters may come from former professors, colleagues, managers and/or supervisors.
- professional resume or vita.
- an interview (phone or in-person).
- personal essay on the topic provided.
- for more information please contact Dr. Gin Chong at (936) 261-9250 or email@example.com
*Note: In some cases, a student may be provisionally admitted, but the student must provide additional information which can substitute for any of these criteria. For example, a student can provide alternate evidence of superior academic ability (such as a master’s earned in another discipline) if the student does not satisfy the 2.75 GPA prerequisite. The student may provide information/testimonials on leadership capabilities if the student does not have the minimum years of managerial experience.
Mode of Delivery
The program is designed to accommodate busy professionals that may travel occasionally. Courses are offered face-to-face on alternate Saturdays and online (that is, a hybrid mode). Furthermore, the two courses offered during a semester are back-to-back, so that the students are able to focus on one course at a time.
The EMBA, similar to the MBA program, provides executives, who wish to lead, with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to further their management careers. The program integrates various business disciplines to provide the high-quality educational experience needed for becoming a successful CEO. In addition to emphasizing tools and techniques, the program will impart educational qualities that are conducive to a professional life of learning, growth, and ethical conduct. The primary goal of the EMBA program is to produce effective business leaders who are capable of solving problems in a dynamic, global environment.
Prairie View A&M University
Northwest Houston Center
9449 Grant Road
Phone: (936) 261-EMBA or (713)790-7212