What is DUO?
DUO is an easy to use, two factor authentication solution to protect you and University Data!
DUO is developed by DUO Security (www.duosecurity.com)
Texas A&M University System has purchased system-wide license for DUO. You may have already used it at TAMUS Single Sign-on - SSO.TAMUS.EDU
Go to https://outlook.office.com and login
Choose your primary authentication method. The most common and convenient is your smartphone.
Other options include:
hardware token, voice phone call, SMS text messages, and pre-printed one-time codes.
Get Started - with Smartphone
- Upon login (webmail & VPN), you will receive the screen above,
- Click on “Send me a Push”
- Your Smartphone will prompt Approve/Deny screen.
- Click on Approve, and you will be logged into your application
Get Started - Other Options
The most common, recommended, and convenient method is your smartphone with DUO mobile app. However, if you choose not to use your smartphone, you have the following options.
- You can configure DUO to call or text your mobile phone.
- You can configure DUO to call your landline phone.
- USB Token: Limited number of USB tokens are available at $20.
What if you forgot your phone?
You can select a backup device (landline, etc). If you do not have your smartphone with you, you may contact helpdesk at EXT 2525 and submit a ticket to generate a one-time bypass code. It may take 2 – 24 hours