Department of Defense Technical Assistance Workshop
The OUSD (R&E) is pleased to announce a technical assistance workshop as a part of a series of training and educational activities intended to provide program, process, and funding opportunity information to our minority-serving institutions. Representatives from the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Army, Navy, Air Force, and other Federal Agencies, along with representatives from academia and non-government organizations, will provide insights into opportunities, Department of Defense research priorities, and tips on writing competitive proposals in response to Broad Agency Announcements and other funding opportunities. Workshop topics will include, but are not limited to the following:
• FY 2019 Congressional interests and initiatives
• Broadening HBCU/MI research portfolios:
Mentor Protégé, Small Business, Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, University Affiliated Research Centers
• Enhancing HBCU/MI competitiveness
• OSD/Department of Defense university-based research programs
• DoD Services’ research offices and defense agencies HBCU/MI funding opportunities
• Strategies for HBCU/MI engagement: Section 233 of the 2016 National Defense Authorization Act
• Basic research interests and solicitations: Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) and Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs)
• Other Opportunities: outreach, enrichment, STEM, and workforce development
• Budget and contracting basics: laying the groundwork for a successful proposal; budgetary realism and cost-effectiveness.
For additional information email us at email@example.com .