Students are eligible to apply for financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants and loans through the Office of Financial Aid (PVAMU) and the College of Nursing. In addition, several organizations offer nursing scholarships to nursing majors. Information on scholarships is posted on bulletin boards on the first, ninth, tenth, and eleventh floor may be obtained from the Director of Student Services, room 109.
Scholarships are gifts that do not have to be repaid. A limited number of scholarships are available to nursing students as per criteria for award. Information on applying can be obtained through the Office of Admissions and Student Services.
List of Scholarships
- Prairie View Nurses Alumni Chapter Scholarships
- Ora Nell Pryor Memorial Scholarship
- Professional Nursing Scholarship Program
- VNA Endowed Nursing Scholarship
- Roseanne Wendell Endowment Memorial
- Mattie M. Nickson Scholarship
- A.J. Jones Graduate Nursing Endowment (Graduate students only)
- Charlotte Cameron Scholarship
- Rebecca E. Wright Scholarship
- Theresa Golden Thompson Scholarship