Panthers Fostering Success
The Panthers Fostering Success (PFS) program aims to cultivate learning and development through engaging programs, services, and one-on-one interactions with and for students who were formerly in foster care or adopted.
We can provide students with information and advice on academics, career exploration, financial aid, university costs, tuition and fee waivers, on and off-campus living options, transportation, health care, campus employment and other available campus and community services. Through a network of tailored programming and needs-based advocacy, PFS serves as a resource to help students build meaningful personal and professional relationships that are important to success.
The mission of the PFS program is to provide a holistic experience which empowers, inspires, and supports former foster care and adopted students at Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU).
PFS tailors support services, and participation benefits include:
- Academic support and advising.
- Access to priority registration.
- Advocacy and support.
- Assistance in securing on or off-campus housing.
- Assistance and referrals to campus and community partners and resources.
- Personal and professional development activities.
- Valuable experiences through meaningful social engagement and mentoring opportunities.
Welcome to the Panthers Fostering Success Program, where our goal is to “elevate the students’ experience!”
Social Support Services Coordinator
P. O. Box 519, MS 10206
Prairie View, TX 77446
Evans Hall, Room 309
Phone: (936) 261-5920