Bachelor of Science – RN to BSN
COLLEGE OF NURSING
Bachelor of Science—RN-BSN
The RN-BSN program prepares Registered Nurses who hold an Associate Degree in Nursing or a Diploma in Nursing to acquire a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing in 12 months. Applicants must complete 63 credit hours of general studies and liberal arts courses of which many of the course credits were earned in preparation for the RN. Registered nurses who seek admission to the RN-BSN Program must meet the same prerequisites and degree requirements as generic students. Applicants are evaluated on an individual basis and must complete the clinical studies (upper division) within five years of the initial admission date. The RN-BSN program is offered as an online program.
The applicant must meet the following criteria for admission for study in the College of Nursing:
- Be a graduate of a nursing diploma or associate degree program, which is accredited by the NLNAC for preparing registered nurses.
- Current license as a registered nurse in the State of Texas or application for licensure in progress.
- Completion of requisite lower division courses (63 credit hours), including core and support courses with a minimum grade of “C” per course and a cumulative grade-point-average of 2.75.
- Documentation of recent nursing practice experience of at least 6 months full-time or one year part-time or a refresher course with a clinical component within the last two years.
- Official documentation of a negative criminal background check and a drug screening test.
- Complete the Texas Common Application and print a copy.
- Submit your non-refundable $25.00 application fee online or mail to Prairie View A&M University,
- Office of Undergraduate Admissions, PO Box 519, Prairie View, TX 77446, and retain a copy of your receipt. Submit your non-refundable and $60.00 nursing processing fee and retain the receipt. www.pvamu.edu, Click Online Services, Panther Marketplace.
- Request official transcripts from all institutions attended are mailed to the Main Campus and retain the receipt of your request. Students must be admitted to the University before being accepted into the College of Nursing.
- Submit copies of #6 #7, and all transcripts, diploma, license, practice experience and any current transcripts to the College of Nursing in Room 102 by March 1 (Fall) and October 1 (Spring). Mail: Prairie View A&M University College of Nursing, Attn: Ms. Anderson, 6436 Fannin St., Houston, TX 77030.
Mode of Delivery
The primary methodology used to deliver instruction in the RN-BSN program is web based courses. The RN-BSN courses are all online courses supported by communication tools provided by the University’s eCourse learning management system.
Each student upon admission to the undergraduate program will be assigned a faculty advisor by the Director. The faculty advisor will be responsible for meeting with the student prior to registration and as needed throughout the student’s matriculation. During the first semester of matriculation, the student will meet with the faculty advisor to develop a degree plan. The advisor, Director, Dean of the College of Nursing will review and approve the degree plan. A copy of the approved degree plan will be given to the student and filed in the College of Nursing undergraduate program office.
Check Here to View RN-BSN Degree Plan
PRAIRIE VIEW A&M UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NURSING
6436 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77030
1-877-797-9600 (Toll Free)
Fax: (713) 797-7013