Application Process for Graduate Students
All applicants must apply to the School of Graduate Studies. The steps for the admission process to the School of Graduate Studies are outlined below:
- A completed online application for admission to the Graduate School (applytexas.org) and payment of a $50 non-refundable fee.
- Submit to the School of Graduate Studies the following items:
- An official transcript of all college work (undergraduate and graduate) from the registrar of each college previously attended to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons in the field of the applicant’s academic major. One letter should be from a former faculty member and two should be professional references. The letter of recommendation form can be found at https://www.pvamu.edu/graduatestudies/forms/.
- Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) must be on file within the first semester of enrollment and may not be more than 10 years old at the time of enrollment.
These items should be mailed to:
The Graduate School
Prairie View A&M University
P.O. Box 519; MS 2800
Prairie View, Texas 77446-0519
After the School of Graduate Studies has determined that the applicant meets the graduate school requirements, the College of Nursing will determine if the applicant should be accepted into his/her requested program. The College of Nursing will contact the applicant directly and the applicant will be asked to do the following:
- Submit a vita/resume to the College of Nursing Program Admission Committee,
- Schedule a face to face interview with the .Program Admissions Committee, and
- Submit a writing sample. Applicants will complete the writing sample during the interview period.
After the interview by the Program Admissions Committee, Department Head, and Dean, the College of Nursing will send the applicant an acceptance letter or a letter of non-entrance.