Relationship and Sexual Violence Program
The mission of the Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Program (RSVP) at
Prairie View A & M University is to:
- educate students, staff and faculty about the dynamics of sexual assault, dating/domestic violence and stalking;
- coordinate an effective campus response to these crimes; and
- promote safety on campus.
RSVP Confidential Services:
- Crisis intervention services for survivors of sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, and/or stalking;
- Assistance with immediate safety planning and accommodations;
- Provision of detailed information on reporting options, and referrals to on and off campus resources;
- Provision of on-going emotional support to survivors and advocacy for survivor’s legal rights and medical needs;
- Weekly supportive guidance as needed.
RSVP Services for the Campus Community:
- Relationship and sexual violence on campus programs, events, and activities;
- Student Opportunities: Trained RSVP Student Advocacy and Prevention Program
- Relationship and sexual violence trauma informed and survivor centered approach trainings for the campus community.
RSVP’s message to survivors is very clear: when you need help and support we are available. We are here to stand with you. RSVP provides advocacy to all survivors of these crimes. You are never alone there is always someone here to help you.
Contact: Ms. Hanson, RSVP Program Manager E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Women’s Center Suite 101A Phone: 936-261-1468 Monday-Friday (8:00am-5:00pm)
RSVP After Hours Line: 832-853-5288
24 hours Crisis Hotlines-Confidential Services:
Family Ties- 1(866)675-1199-Waller, Texas
Focusing Families- 979-826-0000-Hempstead, Texas
Twitter: @PVAMURSVP1876 Instagram: @RSVP1876
WE BELIEVE YOU! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! NO MORE SUFFERING IN SILENCE!
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!