University Special Events and Protocol provides a full range of event management and protocol services. Primary functions and responsibilities of University Special Events and Protocol include the following:
- Plans, executes, and manages events and dignitary visits hosted by or on behalf of the President. Designs, implements, and administers other high-profile events and activities.
- Collaborates with university leadership on selected events to provide guidance in achieving event goals and to ensure that the events are carried out in a manner that is consistent with the university’s standards.
- Provides event, academic, university, diplomatic, and international protocol guidance and implementation.
- Serves as the liaison to the Office of the President in managing visiting dignitary notifications.
- Provides event planning resources to university departments.
- Manages activities and events of the university’s presidential residence (upon completion).
- Collects historically significant items for the presidential archives.
University Special Events and Protocol is a department of the Office of the President.