Admissions Application Information

The two applications for undergraduate admission for the current year are:

State of Texas Common Application for Admission to Texas Public Universities for Freshman- State of Texas Common Application for Admission to Texas Public Universities for Transfer/Transient/Readmission

International applicants may use the State of Texas Common Application for International Students, which is available at

Students are encouraged to apply electronically by accessing the application through the State of Texas Common application internet address or the Prairie View A&M University internet address. A paper application is available from any high school or community college in Texas.

Please submit paper applications and credentials to:

Undergraduate Students:

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Prairie View A&M University

P.O. Box 519

Mail Stop 1009

Prairie View, Texas 77446

Please make checks and money orders payable to Prairie View A&M University. The applicant’s name and Social Security Number should be included on the face of the check or money order. Please do not send cash. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards can be used to pay for your application fee. Credit card payments can also be made by phone by calling Treasury Services at (936) 857-2024.

Electronic Applications

State of Texas Common Application

Prairie View A&M University

Notification of Application Status

Check the Office of Undergraduate Admissions internet address at:

Please allow seven to ten working days to process credentials. All items required to complete an application must be received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by closing date to assure consideration for admission.

How do I get an application fee waiver?

A fee waiver may be submitted in lieu of the $40 fee by first time freshmen students only. The university accepts only ACT or SAT Reasoning Test waivers which are obtained from the high school counselor.

Changing Program of Study/Major

How do students change their program of study/major after they have submitted their admissions application?

A student may submit a request for change of major to the Admissions Office prior to enrollment. They must put this request in writing either by mail or email to an Admissions Officer so that the change can take place. If a student has already been admitted and enrolled, then they will have to follow the procedure through the Registrar’s Office. That is to complete the Change of Major Form, acquire the proper signatures from the Dean and Department Heads for approval, and then submit that form back to the Registrar’s Office for processing.


How long does it take to process an application in your system?

Once all requested documents have been submitted and actually received by the Admissions Office, it will be 10 business days before a student will receive any type of correspondence vial USPS mail.

What are the Undergraduate Admissions Application deadlines?

A completed application for admission is required and must be submitted to the Undergraduate School by the following deadlines:

*Note, a $15 Late fee will be applied to applications submitted after the associated date.

Domestic Students

June 1 for the Fall Semester

November 1 for the Spring Semester

April 1 for the Summer Term

What happens if my file is not complete by the deadline date?

The deadline date only applies to the submission of the Apply Texas online application. Additional requested materials may still be submitted after the deadline. The prospective student will have to come to the Main Campus and fill out a paper application if they would still like to apply after the deadline


If I am a former student, do I fill out another application?

Yes, a student will have to fill out a second application and pay another fee if they plan on returning to the university after sitting out 1or more semesters. For more information, contact the Former Student counselor via email at

If I applied to Prairie View previously but did not attend, do I need to reapply?

Yes, a student will have to fill out another application if they did not attend for a previous term. The Admissions Office requires that a student has an application and application fee on file for the term they plan on being admitted and actually enrolling to the University.

If I have to reapply, will I have to pay another application fee?

Yes, you will need to pay another application fee. The Admissions Office requires that a student has an application and application fee on file for the term they plan on being admitted and actually enrolling to the University. Note: Prior to paying an additional application fee student should contact the admissions office to confirm, as applications fees are non-refundable. Contact Treasury Services 936-261-1895 or mail fee to admissions.