- Completed State of Texas Common Application
- Non-refundable $ 25.00 Application Fee
- Official High School Transcript or GED Certificate
- Minimum Test Scores: SAT- 820 (Verbal/Critical Reading) or ACT- 17 (Composite) (Unconditional)
- Minimum Test Scores: SAT- 710 (Verbal/Critical Reading) or ACT- 15-16 (Composite) (Conditional)
- Cumulative grade point average 2.50 or above GPA Converter
- All TAKS Passed
All students who graduate from an accredited High School are eligible to apply for admissions.
For additional information please see How to Apply for Admissions, Automatic Unconditional Admission, Regular Unconditional Admission, or Conditional Admission sections.
State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy
Texas Education Code (TEC) 51.803-51.809 ( State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy) requires that all students meet one of the following college readiness standards in order to be eligible to be considered for admission at a Texas Four-Year Public Institution.
- Successfully complete the recommended or advanced/distinguished high school program or complete the portion of the program that was available to them; or
- Successfully complete a curriculum that is equivalent in content and rigor to the recommended or advanced/distinguished high school program at a high school that is exempt from offering such programs; or
- Satisfy the College Readiness Benchmarks on the SAT or ACT assessment
- SAT – 1500 out of 2400 (Verbal + Math + Writing)
- ACT – 18 English, 21 Reading, 22 Mathematics and 24 Science
Under TEC Section 51.807 and with consultation of the Texas Education Agency, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board has determined that the high schools are responsible for providing the appropriate documentation to confirm the curriculum requirements.
Exemptions from the Policy
To claim an exemption from the Policy, students must submit the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board exemption form completed by the high school counselor or other school official in addition to all other required credentials for admission by the Admissions Deadline. The form below can be printed and submitted via the instructions on the form.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.