Ms. Zachery has just completed her 10th season as Head Director of the Black Foxes Dance Line. There’s no better way to celebrate her accomplishments than being featured in the book “HBCU Made”, compiled and edited by Ayesha Rascoe, host of NPR’s Weekend Edition Sunday. Ms. Rascoe reached out to Ms. Zachery after reading an article on Essence.com for which Ms. Zachery was interviewed. “We were interviewed by various media outlets after the release of “March” on The CW Network, but I was still surprised that someone picked up on my interview and invited me to contribute to their project.”, Ms. Zachery stated.

Ms. Rascoe was drawn to the knowledge that Ms. Zachery had about the HBCU Dance performance genre and thought her experiences as a Dancing Doll at Southern University, and as a coach for four different HBCU dance teams would be a great story to tell. “I was shocked, to say the least, when she told me some of the other invited authors for the project.”, Ms. Zachery stated. HBCU Made tells personal and in-depth stories from well-known HBCU graduates on the impact attending an HBCU had on their lives and careers. Some of the authors featured are Roy Wood, Jr., Stacy Abrams, Branford Marsalis and April Ryan, just to name a few. Ms. Rascoe is a graduate of Howard University, so she was excited to hear that Ms. Zachery got her first dance team coaching experience at Howard. In the book Ms. Zachery talks about her journey from Southern University to Prairie View A&M University, and the experiences that made attending and working for an HBCU worthwhile. Ms. Zachery commented, “I’m so honored to have been chosen for this project. I still can’t believe it!”

HBCU Made is now available for preorder, and will be widely available wherever you purchase books on January 20th.

https://smartlink.metricool.com/public/smartlink/ayesha-rascoe