1. Will my name be read at the ceremony?
All graduates will have the opportunity to cross the stage where their name will be called and their diploma cover received.
2. How long is the ceremony?
The ceremony is expected to last 2 hours
3. What time will doors open for guests?
Doors will open at 8:00 A.M.
4. Can I bring my own food?
Outside food is prohibited, but bottled water is allowed.
5. What items are not allowed in the venue?
Balloons, gifts, flowers, strollers, food/drink, signs, banners, noise makers, and air horns are not allowed.
6. In the case of inclement weather, how can I receive an update on any changes to the ceremony?
The University commencement staff will notify participants and their guests of program delays, location changes or the need to reschedule the ceremony by Panther Alert text message, Campus Announcements, the PVAMU homepage and official social media channels.