1. Will my name be read at the ceremony?
All graduates will have the opportunity to cross the stage where their name will be called and their diploma cover received.
2. How long is the ceremony?
The ceremony is expected to last 2 hours
3. What time will doors open for guests?
Doors will open at 7:30 A.M.
4. Can I bring my own food?
Outside food is prohibited, but bottled water is allowed.
5. What items are not allowed in the venue?
Balloons, gifts, flowers, strollers, food/drink, signs, banners, noise makers, and air horns are not allowed.
6. If rain is in the forecast, will the ceremony still take place outside?
Spring Commencement is scheduled to take place in Panther Stadium, rain or shine. In the event of severe weather – including thunderstorms with lighting, high winds, heavy or prolonged rain or risk of tornados as forecasted by the National Weather Service – instructions will be given to guests on how and where to seek shelter via the live PA announcement or Panther Alert.
7. In the case of inclement weather, how can I receive an update on any changes to the ceremony?
The University commencement staff will notify participants and their guests of program delays, location changes or the need to reschedule the ceremony by Panther Alert text message, Campus Announcements, the PVAMU homepage and official social media channels.