Kasandra Love
Kasandra Love

Hometown:

Montgomery, Alabama

Degree:

Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Minor in Communications

What organization(s) were you a part of at PVAMU?

I was a part of The Honors Program, Psychology Club/AbPsi Club, The Panther Newspaper, Mentoring Incoming Freshmen, and the American Marketing Association.

How did being a part of these organizations make your college experience better?

These organizations connected me with people I will have for a lifetime. All of these organizations have helped shape the supportive experience I’ve had here at PVAMU.

What are your career aspirations?

I would like to work in the nutrition field in health coaching in underserved communities. I love learning about new ways to nourish the body, and I think all communities need access to resources that will improve our well-being.

What does PVAMU have that other universities do not?

PVAMU has this close-knit kind community of faculty and students who just want to see each other succeed. I love the community and family I’ve made here. I feel like I have a second home. PVAMU exposed me to many new opportunities and individuals that helped foster my love for learning and passions. It also opened my mind and enhanced my confidence in my own abilities.

Any advice to current students?

Work hard, and enjoy your time. Find a balance that works for you, and ask for help when necessary.