Desiree DuBois
Desiree DuBois

Hometown:

Detroit, Michigan

Degree:

Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies

Which organizations were you a part of at PVAMU? How did they deepen your college experience?

I am currently vice president of the on-campus organization, Ball-N-Chain. We run a Stop The Violence/Anti-Bullying campaign. We travel to many different schools, universities, and conventions nationwide, bringing awareness to violence going on locally and internationally. We frequently participate in Sweep the Streets community service projects as well. Being a part of this has greatly increased my desire to be in the school system. The thought of making a change in a child’s life is exciting to me. Also, I have obtained more social skills throughout this process that has helped me while attending PV.

What are your career goals?

I am looking to start my career as a teacher after graduation. I love working with children, and it is something I am passionate about. Eventually, I would like to create my own learning center. My first job was at a learning center, which helped me discover my passion for teaching, so I would like to have one of my own.

What do you love most about PVAMU?

I have a long list of family members that have attended and graduated from PV, dating back to 2007. PV has given my family and me an opportunity to a good education. We have all either completed or are in the process of pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or a Ph.D. PV runs in our blood!