Student Recreation Center
Student Recreation Center
The Student Recreation Center is the premier facility for Recreational Sports activities and events. Including the indoor pool, climbing wall, group exercise studios, wellness suite, a cooking demonstration kitchen, a game room, cardio equipment and weight room, activity courts for badminton, volleyball and basketball, indoor track and stretching area plus our outdoor Intramural and Club Sports fields, there’s something for everyone!
All Rec Sports facilities will begin closing procedures fifteen minutes before the posted closing time. Patrons must exit the facility at or before the posted closing time so that staff can complete required cleaning and restocking duties. Thank you for your assistance.
Facility hours are subject to change. For updated information regarding a particular facility, contact the Membership Services desk at (936) 261-3944.
Multipurpose Studio Drop-In Policy and Procedure
- Make sure to wear appropriate apparel. Shirts are required at all times.
- Bring your own stereo equipment to play your own music. DO NOT use the wall plate or projector.
- Food, alcoholic beverages/drugs and smoking are NOT allowed.
- Leave the assigned space in the same condition as when the activity began. Misuse of facility may result in refusal of permission of future use and/or charges for additional cleaning of the facility.
- All Drop-In reservations yield to group fitness classes.
- Remember to Check Out with Student Supervisor.
- Drop-in reservations are available 15 minutes before request time.
- Reservations are for one (1) hour only.
- You may sign up for a drop-in no earlier than 1 hour before your anticipated time.
The Student Rec Center Climbing Wall is a priority focus to our Outdoor Pursuits program area. The climbing wall offers a variety of climbing opportunities for experienced climbers, as well as novice climbers. We provide quality climbing gear, brand new harnesses, clear views of the outdoor student union, along with an enthusiastic staff.
Come climb with us TODAY!
For more information for formal group climbs, please contact the Membership Services desk at (936) 261-3944. Please fill out our Waiver Release Form.
Our Rec Center provides a brand new fun-filled pool that serves as an awesome entity for recreational sports. The pool ranges from 3ft – 12ft, providing 6 lap lanes, along with an aqua-climbing wall that towers over a pool workout. It’s open year round and provides activities such as volleyball, battleship, basketball, and the opportunity to go kayaking. Some of the programs included offer Learn-to-Swim Clinics, specific stroke lessons, and special events like water polo tournaments.
Intramural and Club Sport Fields
Intramural and Club sports gives students the chance to participate in a variety of sports such as tennis, table-tennis, basketball, volleyball, badminton, bowling, soccer, flag football, rugby, and many more! Intramural sports will also develop leadership, teamwork, and social skills that can be applied to a life outside of fitness and for a lifetime.
The tennis is one of the many facilities that PVAMU offers to students and faculty. The tennis court also serves as a home court to the Club Tennis Team.