Dr. R. Radhakrishnan
Dr. R. Radhakrishnan, Ph.D, P.E, F. ASCE
TEL: (936) 261-1657/1656
- Capacity and Performance of Foundations for Offshore Structures
- Trenchless Technology
- Aftershock Effects on Structures due to Major Earthquake
- Nanotechnology to Enhance Concrete Properties
- Evaluation and Prevention of Microbial Acid-Produced Attack of Concrete
- Developing Web-Based Introductory Course on Space Exploration
- Enhancing Education and Careers for Minorities in the Transportation Field
- Forced Vibration Survey Technique to Identify Foundation Details
- Pavement Analysis and design
- Asphalt and Concrete Pavement Repair and Rehabilitation
- Routing Techniques for Transportation of Hazardous Materials
- Speedy Road Construction and Safety
- Rehabilitation of Bridges
- Offshore Structures and Foundations
- High strength Concrete for Radiation Protection
- Geoenvironmental Engineering for Hazardous Waste Landfill
- Barriers to Prevent Leakage of Radioactive Materials
- Dedicated Construction Materials Laboratory, Strength of Materials Laboratory (UTM and Torsion Test Equipment), and Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory (Consolidation Test and Triaxial Shear Test Equipment, centrifuges, mechanical shakers, ovens)
- Several other facilities available through partnership with Mechanical and Chemical Engineering Departments.
- Capacity and Performance of Foundations for Offshore Wind Towers” Funded Research by NSF from September 2010 to December 2013 (NEESR-CR)NEESR-CR
- “Space Vehicle Flotation and Survival Studies” Funded Research by United Space Alliance, Lockheed Martin, NASA, PI: R. Radha, 2008 -09 Academic Year.
- “Attracting and Retaining Minorities in the Transportation Field” Funded Research by US Department of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration, US DOT, PI: R. Radha, 2004-2008.
- “Summer Transportation Institute at PVAMU” Funded Project by FHWA thru TxDOT, Project Co-Director: R. Radha, 2010 through 2012.
- “Summer Transportation Institute at PVAMU” Funded Project by National Summer Transportation Institute, FHWA, Project Director: R. Radha, 2000 through 2005.
- “Transportation Analysis of MOX Fuel” Funded Research Project by Amarillo National Center for Plutonium / DOE, P.I.: R. Radha, 1995 – 1998.
- "Lunar Outpost Construction using Co-products of Oxygen Production Plant" Funded by NASA/JSC., PI: R. Radha, 1995 – 1998.
- "Bioremediation of Contaminated Sediments" A Collaborative Research Project with Rice University Funded by the Hazardous Substance Research Center at LSU, EPA, PI: R. Radha, 1995 – 1997.
- “Long-term Behavior of Ground Anchors” Funded by Texas Department of Transportation Co-PI: R. Radha with Dr. Jean-Louis Briaud, TAMU, 1995-1996
- "Incidence Jump Rate Reveals Over/Under Dispersion in Count Data”, International Journal of Data Analysis and Information Systems, January-June 2011, Co-Author: Radha
- “Transportation Workforce Development: Attracting High School and Community College Students to Careers in the Transportation Field” (09-3466) – E10, at TRB Annual Meeting January 2009, by Ramalingam Radhakrishnan, Prairie View A&M University.
- “Response Analysis of a Truss-Pontoon Semi-submersible with Heave Plates” Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. Peer reviewed paper was published in May 2006 (Paper No. JOMAE-05-1041). This paper is based partially on a detailed analysis of data from the Model Test Study of Wave Tank Test of CVEG/CHEG 4473 and 4483 taught by Dr. Radha during 2003-04 AY. R. Radha is an author with Nagan Srinivasan, and Subrata Chakrabarti.
- “Enhancing the Early Awareness for Engineering and Technology Careers–Proactive Linkage with K-12 Schools” was published in ASEE – Gulf South West Conference at Southern University, March 2006. Authors: Dr. R. Radha and Dr. A. Anil Kumar. The above paper was presented by R. Radha on March 16, 2006 in ASEE Gulf South West Conference at Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA., Authors: Dr. R. Radha and Dr. A. Anil Kumar.
- Abstract on “RETURN ON INVESTMENT: A CASE STUDY OF PRAIRIE VIEW A&M UNIVERSITY’S SUMMER TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM” was published in ASEE – Gulf South West Conference at Southern University, March 2006. Authors: Dr. R. Kommalapati and Dr. R. Radha and Dr. J. Perkins. Results of the above study was presented on March 16, 2006 by R. Radha in the ASEE Gulf South West Conference at Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA., Authors: Dr. R. Kommalapati and Dr. R. Radha and Dr. J. Perkins.
- “Damping-Controlled Response of a Truss-Pontoon Semi-Submersible with Heave Plates”, Proceedings of OMAE’05, 24th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, June 16-19, 2005, Halkidiki, Greece, (OMAE2005-67522). Nagan Srinivasan, Subrata Chakrabarti, R. Radha.
- “Remediation of Contaminated Sediments” Paper published in ASME ASIA 1997 Congress held in Singapore on October 2, 1997, Authors: R. Radha and Carlos Ariza.
- “Remediation of Contaminated Soils” Paper published and presented at the Energy Week Conference, Houston, TX, January 29, 1997, Authors: R. Radha and Carlos Ariza.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.