What is PantherBuy?
PantherBuy, powered by AggieBuy, is a web-based e-Commerce system developed by Texas A&M University, in partnership with SciQuest. This system replaces the purchasing functionality previously provided by FAMIS and the Buy A&M (BAM) system. Customers may browse and shop from numerous online catalogs, Prairie View A&M and Texas A&M University System member Contracts, and also place orders to virtually any supplier through a “non-catalog/non-contract” requisitioning process. Invoices and payment requests are initiated and created within PantherBuy, which is fully integrated with FAMIS. PantherBuy is accessed through the Single-Sign on system.
What are the benefits of PantherBuy?
- It provides a one-stop shopping experience with virtually all suppliers - no need to remember multiple web sites or set up individual accounts and profiles with individual suppliers.
- Similar to other online shopping sites, products may be searched by keyword, part number, category, or "favorites" lists.
- Real cost savings – Prairie View A&M’s contracts and “best value” sources are readily accessible.
- Quicker turnaround since there are no delegated dollar limits on orders placed with contracted suppliers.
- Requisitions are automatically budget-checked and routed through a departments’ specified Approval Workflow.
- Invoicing is centralized and automated, which minimizes or eliminates paper invoice processing.
- Provides greater spend visibility, reporting, and analysis.