Employee Relations Services
………. Creating a positive work environment by assisting employees in understanding policies and in effectively using internal procedures.
The Employee Relations Services focuses on promoting good management practices and workplace behaviors, positive working environment and relationships, and on complying with Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
The Employee Relations Services is designed to assist individuals and departments on how to work through problems and differences to make the work environment more positive, enjoyable and less stressful.
We are here to…
- Assist employees in understanding policies and in effectively using internal procedures.
- Offer advice to supervisors and employees regarding employment-related matters
- Provide confidential consultation regarding workplace issues
- Facilitate dialogue on employee/employer issues
- Oversee and conduct training and development initiatives on HR policies
- Coordinate procedures on employee grievances
- Coordinate investigative procedures on administrative complaints
Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program:
Texas A&M System Benefits Administration has entered into an agreement with Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Services to extend services to all A&M System members including Prairie View A&M University. Deer Oaks EAP services are available at no cost to benefit-eligible faculty and staff employees as well as their dependents/household members.
- Services cover up to five, confidential short-term mental health counseling sessions per person per issue per year (the presenting issue can be re-assessed after one year from the initial date of service).
- For information or a referral to a provider located nearest you, call the toll-free Helpline at 1-888-993-7650 (available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodation
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities in employment, transportation, public accommodation, communications, and governmental activities. An employee who requires a reasonable accommodation should inform their supervisor. Departments can find support for responding to accommodation requests by contacting the Employee Relations Administrator. Additional information can be obtained by contacting the Office of Disability Services at Prairie View A&M University.
For further assistance, please contact Maria Herrera (Employee Relations Administrator), email@example.com or 936-261-1730.