Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship
To qualify for the scholarship, the student must be:
- Have a Pell-eligible EFC
- Must be less than 24 years of age
- Or enrolled at an institution of higher education at the time of his or her parents or guardians death.
For purposes of the Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship, a “public safety officer” is:
- An individual serving a public agency in an official capacity, with or without compensation, as a law enforcement officer, firefighter, or chaplain;
- An employee of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) who is performing official duties of the agency, if those official duties—
- are related to a major disaster or emergency that has been, or is later declared to exist with respect to the area under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act; and
- are determined by FEMA to be hazardous duties;
For purposes of the Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship, the full definitions of a “public safety officer” and definition of “parent/guardian” are defined via the scholarship webpage.
For more information regarding this scholarship and to view definitions, please visit: