The College of Juvenile Justice and Psychology and the Texas Juvenile Crime Prevention Center are committed to excellence in education, training, prevention and service. By offering a diverse curriculum we train empiricists, educators and practitioners in juvenile justice and psychology. A primary aim is to assist with the understanding of human behavior and the reduction of juvenile crime in the State of Texas. The goals of the College and Center are to:
- Strengthen the quality of the academic programs
- Improve the academic indicators of the student body
- Increase applied and basic research
- Promote programs that contribute to student success
- Increase and enhance the visibility and awareness of the university to the community.