Find Articles by Subject | A-Z | By Journal
E-Journal Portal - Physical Science & Mathematics
Links | Subject Guides
Contain Some Downloadable Data
Selected Full Text in Adobe PDF Format
Selected Peer Reviewed articles
U.S. Government Site
Tips on searching
|Full length journal, magazine and newspaper articles can be found in our online article collections.If a book or article cannot be found in PVAMU’s resources, it can usually be borrowed from another library.
Fill out the Interlibrary Loan form, and please note that it may take several weeks to receive the item.
|Search the PVAMU Libraries Online Catalog for “chemistry”. Most of the books on Chemistry that can be checked out are located on the third floor of the Library in the QD section. The following generic subject keywords may help when you are searching the catalog:Chemistry
|Print Reference Resources
|You’ll find useful statistics and background information in these following reference books, which are located on the first floor of the library in the Reference department:
- Encyclopedia of chemistry QD4 .R57 2005
- Chemistry : foundations and applications QD4 .C48 2004
- World of chemistry QD 33 W873 2000
- CRC handbook of chemistry and physics : a ready-reference book of chemical and physical data. QD65 .H236 2000
- Lange’s handbook of chemistry QD65 .L36 1999
- Cracking the GRE chemistry subject test QD42 .C794
- Cracking the SAT Chemistry subject test QD42 .C79
|The Internet is an excellent resource, but it is often difficult to locate what you need. To begin your search, you might try some of the following websites:
- eMolecules ( http://www.emolecules.com) is designed specially for chemical search. It can be searched by text or draw a structure.
- Named Reactions in Organic Chemistry – http://orgchem.chem.uconn.edu/namereact/named.html
- (Many chemical reactions are known by the names of the scientists who discovered the reactions. Named Reactions in Organic Chemistry and Reaction Index: Name Reactions in Organic Chemistry are lists of such reactions in organic chemistry.)
- NIST Chemistry Web Book – http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/ (NIST Chemistry Web Book is a database provides thermochemical, thermo physical, and ion energetics data compiled by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) under the Standard Reference Data Program. )
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers – http://www.aiche.org/ (This is the official Website of American Institute of Chemical Engineers.)
- Chemdex – http://www.chemdex.org/ (This is a directory of thousands of chemistry Websites maintained by Dr. Mark J. Winter of Department of Chemistry of University of Sheffield.)
- Web Elements - http://www.webelements.com/ (Web Elements is the periodical table on the web. The periodic table of the chemical elements is an arrangement of the elements ordered by atomic number in columns (groups) and rows (periods) so as to emphasize their periodic properties. Every element on the table is a link to the properties of that particular element.)
- WWW Virtual Library: Chemistry - http://www.liv.ac.uk/Chemistry/Links/links.html (This Website is the chemistry section of WWW Virtual Library. It contains over 8,000 links and is monthly updated. It lists Websites of university chemistry departments, companies and industry, chemical literature, organizations, topics and other chemistry related information.)
| Internet Search Engines
Subject Content by Chieko Sato, Reference and Instruction Librarian
Maintained by Karl Henson, Library Webmaster
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.