You will no longer have to manually register your mobile devises (cell phone, iPad etc.), Safe Connect policy key software will start automatically the first time that you connect to the Internet. Please select PVmobilenet from the list of Networks, enter the PVAMU wireless password and login with your PantherNetID username and password. If you don’t know the password call the ITS Computer Service Center at 936-261 9330.
To connect a cell phone or tablet to the PVAMU Wireless Network:
Tap the Settings app icon
- Tap the Wi-Fi button in the left pane
- Set the Wi-Fi switch to On
- Select PVMobileNet
- Enter the security password. The security password can be obtained by calling the ITS Computer Service Center at 936-261- 9330 or going to S.R. Collins Rm. 106.
- Tap Join.
To Access your PVAMU email from your mobile phone:
1. Change your current email password by visiting the https://mypassword.pvamu.edu/ (DO NOT MISS THIS STEP)
2. Follow the instructions on your mobile phone (Tips below). Depending on your mobile phone you may have to sync your email
- Go to Settings
- Mail, contacts, Calendars
- Add Account
- Choose Exchange
- Fill up Email Address(Include @student.pvamu.edu) and Password
- Domain: leave it blank
- User Name: email address(Include @student.pvamu.edu)
- Password:input your password
- Next and save
- You should be able to see email now.
- Accounts and sync
- Add account
- Email address
- Protocol: IMAP
- IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
- Security type: SSL
- Server port: 993
- SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
- Security type:TLS
- Server port: 587
- Account Name
- Finish set up.
Mobile Phone Email FAQ
- My account username is not working
Make sure you are entering correct credentials. It should be email@example.com (Note: It is @student.pvamu.edu not @pvamu.edu)
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.