How do I find a student job?
Student job postings can be located on the Student Employment website. From the Student Employment home page click on “Panther Jobs”

How do I obtain my UIN?
Before your first day of work, please stop by the Student Employment Office to pick up you UIN document.

How can I sign up to attend orientation?
Students do not need to sign up to attend orientation.

Can I have more than one student job at a time?
, you may only have 1 on campus student job at a time.

How many hours per week can I work?
Undergraduate students
may work up to 20 hours per week.
Graduate students are allowed to work up to 20 (Teaching) or 25 (Non-Teaching) hours per week.
Internship students are allowed to work up to 30 hours per week.

How do I make a formal complaint?                                                                                                                                                         All employees and student workers can file a formal complaint using the steps on the Formal Complaint form. Download the form and follow the instructions if you need to file a formal compliant with the Human Resources Office.

Can I be hired as a work study-student without a work-study award?
students have to apply for financial aid and demonstrate financial need to be awarded a work-study award as part of a financial aid package. However, you may obtain employment under the student hourly program.

Because I have been awarded work-study, am I guaranteed work-study employment?
, it is your responsibility to find a work-study job, by searching through jobs on the website, then contacting employers and arranging interviews. Receiving work study does not guarantee you will be hired in a work-study job.

What happens if I do not earn my entire work-study award?
Nothing; you will not be penalized for not earning all of your reward.

What happens if I earn my entire work-study award before the end of an academic period?
You cannot exceed your award amount. Once you have earned your maximum work-study award amount, you must immediately stop working unless the department has agreed to allow you to continue working as a student hourly employee.

Can my work-study award carry over from one period to another?
, remaining work-study award amounts do not carry over from one academic period to another. The Office of Student Financial Services will re-evaluate each student after every semester.

I am an international student. Can I get a job and work while I’m attending the university? Yes international students may obtain jobs on campus. In addition to the normal procedures you must also complete Glacier, an online tax summary report.  For more information on immigration, please visit the International Student Services webpage on the Human Resources website.

What are the minimum semester hours I am required to be enrolled in as a condition of financial assistance for work study employment?
time Undergraduate Students receiving work study should be enrolled in 12 Semester Credit Hours. Part time Undergraduate Students receiving work study should be enrolled in 6 Semester Credit Hours.

Full time Graduate Students receiving work study should be enrolled in 9 Semester Credit Hours.

Part time Graduate Students receiving work study should be enrolled in 6 Semester Credit Hours.

During Summer I & II – All students must be enrolled for a minimum of six (6) hours in either session or enrolled for three (3) hours in Summer I and three (3) hours in Summer II to be eligible for summer employment.

Please join us on Remind101 for Student Employment Announcements.

App StoreGoogle Play

Ms. Renee R. Williams, Director of Equal Opportunity & Diversity has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.

Ms. Williams can be reached at: P.O. Box 519: Mail Stop 1337; Harrington Science Building, Suite 109; Prairie View, TX 77446-0519, or by calling 936-261-1730