Texas Juvenile Crime Prevention Center
The Texas Juvenile Crime Prevention Center is committed to the reduction of juvenile delinquency and crime in the State of Texas. Through the creation of the Center and the College, Prairie View A&M University supports this mission as it strives to attain national recognition in the areas of education, research, and service in doing the following:
- conducting, coordinating, collecting, and evaluating research in all areas relating to juvenile crime and delinquency;
- providing a setting for educational programs relating to juvenile delinquency and crime, including degree programs at Prairie View A & M University and other educational programs such as continuing education and in-service training for criminal justice and social service professionals;
- serving as a state and national resource for information on juvenile delinquency and crime; and
- in connection with its research and educational programs:
- develop programs, policies, and strategies to address juvenile delinquency and crime and related social problems; and
- create partnerships, collaborative efforts, or outreach, public service, or technical assistance programs to assist communities, governmental agencies, or private entities to implement programs, policies, and strategies that address juvenile delinquency and crime and related social problems.