Important Information You Should Know
- Special needs: Please indicate on your registration form for special needs requests. If you didn’t answer that question on the registration form, please contact our office 936-261-5920 or pvamu.edu/orientation Please allow a minimum of five (5) business days before your scheduled orientation for processing.
- Bring: picture identification
- Bring: a copy of your electronic confirmation
- Duplicate registrations: not accepted; contact the office with any changes
- Take the Texas Success Initiative Test: You CANNOT register for classes without having taken this exam or showing proof of exemption. If you live out-of-state, you may have the TSI test proctored. All the TSI Information can be found on our TSI website, just click here.
- Meningitis: The state of Texas now requires that every first-time student (including transfers from another college/university) age 22 or younger regardless of classification, enrolling on or after January 1, 2012, must show evidence of being immunized against bacterial meningitis. Immunizations are valid for five (5) years.
- To submit your meningitis record, we prefer you email your shot record to email@example.com. If you don’t have access to a scanner, you can fax to 936-857-4999. For additional information please contact Health Services at 936-261-1400
- Set up your Panther Tracks: You have been assigned a student ID which you need to provide when requested: «ID». Your assigned university email account is: «UNIVEMAIL». Set your email password immediately by visiting https://mypassword.pvamu.edu/ Once you complete this step, please go to https://www.pvamu.edu/pvplace which provides easy single sign-on access to online resources like email, registration, financial aid, PVAMU web content and much more. Your email address will be used for all student-related correspondence and should be checked on a regular basis. Issues with Panther Tracks sign on should be addressed to the Password Hotline at 936-261-9361.
- For Financial Aid purposes complete the steps below prior to class registration:
- Check your PV Place account to ensure ALL required & Missing documents have been received and processed.
- All steps listed on the Financial Aid web page MUST BE COMPLETED to process your aid
- Questions! Review PVAMU’s Financial Aid Office website click here
- Check Your Award Status for your orientation session. Use Panthertracks and click on the “Student” tab at top of page, click on “Click here to access Panthertrack“, select “Award”, then select “Award for Aid Year”. Choose Aid Year “2017-2018”, and click Submit, click on Award Overview Tab.