Microsoft Technical Associate Certification Exam
The College of Business (COB) sponsors the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) exams for currently enrolled business students, more specifically, MIS majors. Students have an opportunity to gain industry recognized certifications in the following areas: Application Development, Database Administration, Windows Server Administration, Networking, Security, and Windows Operating System. MTA certifications provide entry level certifications for students pursuing IT careers. MTA certs serve as a foundation for achieving Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certifications, as well as CompTIA certifications.
MTA Exams are administered by the PVAMU Testing Center on behalf of the College of Business. Students can TAKE and RETAKE the exam at only authorized Certiport testing centers and through the PVAMU Testing Center.
|Wednesday, July 11, 2018||W.R. Banks, Lab 210||Wednesday, July 4, 2018|
|Thursday, July 12, 2018||W.R. Banks, Lab 210||Thursday, July 5, 2018|
|Wednesday, July 18, 2018||W.R. Banks, Lab 210||Wednesday, July 11, 2018|
|Thursday, August 1, 2018||W.R. Banks, Lab 210||Thursday, July 25, 2018|
|Wednesday, August 8, 2018||W.R. Banks, Lab 210||Wednesday, August 1, 2018|
The Table below contains the inventory of currently available exams:
|Exam 98-368||Mobility & Device Fundamentals||Application Development|
|Exam 98-369||Mobility & Device Fundamentals||Application Development|
|Exam 98-375||HTML5 Application Developer Fundamentals||Application Development|
|Exam 98-361||Software Development Fundamentals||Application Development|
|Exam 98-364||Database Administration Fundamentals||Database Administration|
|Exam 98-365||Windows Server Administration Fundamentals||Windows Server Administration|
|Exam 98-366||Networking Fundamentals||Networking|
|Exam 98-367||Security Fundamentals||Security|
|Exam 98-349||Windows Operating Systems Fundamentals||Windows Operating System|
- PVAMU MTA Test Center Code: 90036295
- MTA exams are administered on selected test dates, where test takers can come and take their exam anytime between 9 AM - 3 PM
- Seating is limited and on a first come, first serve basis
- MTA Scores NEVER EXPIRE.
- Student's must receive a score of 70% to pass any MTA exam.
- ALL PVAMU STUDENTS MUST BE APPROVED TO TAKE THE MTA EXAM BY THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS. Please contact MTA Coordinator, Mr. Holloway by phone: (936) 261-9256 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need to be approved to take the exam.'
- First Time Certiport Users: All test candidates must register an account with Certiport (certiport.com). Each person will only ever need one login/username. YOU MUST HAVE A REGISTERED ACCOUNT PRIOR TO SCHEDULING AN EXAM WITH THE TESTING CENTER.
MTA Retake Policy
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait 24 hours before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait 7 days before retaking the exam a third time, and get subsequent approval from the COB MTA coordinator. After that, a 7 day waiting period will be imposed for each subsequent exam retake.
- Upon failing the 5th exam attempt a candidate must wait 1 year from the date of the failed attempt in order to take the given exam again. Also, a candidate must submit a request and obtain permission from Microsoft before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate achieves a passing score on an MTA exam, the candidate cannot take it again.
In order to take the exam, you are REQUIRED to present ONE form of identification. This Identification must be current OR have expired within 90 DAYS of your test date AND must contain a recent and recognizable photo of you.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
Passport Book or Card
State-Issued ID Card
US Military ID Card (Common Access Card or CAC)
US Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
PVAMU Student ID
Study books for some of the MTA exams are available for checkout at the Center for Business Communication located on the 2nd floor of the Ag/Business building in room 200. They are the Microsoft Official Academic Course textbooks: Software Development Fundamentals; Network Fundamentals; Security Fundamentals; and Database Administration Fundamentals.