The Testing Center offers make-up exams to students who miss a classroom exam due to university business or an excused absence approved by the course instructor. This service can be used when a need exists for the student to test at an alternate time. The Testing Center is NOT available for entire class testing due to limited spacing and should not serve as a substitute for in-class testing.
- Instructors must submit a completed Test Proctoring Form to the Testing Center. All student instructions for completing the exam should be included on the test proctoring form.
- Instructors will receive an email confirmation from the Testing Center that the proctoring form was received. If email confirmation is not received within 48 hours, the instructor should contact the Program Coordinator of Testing Services, Mr. Jeremy Sample at email@example.com to verify that the test proctoring form was received.
- Instructors should then inform student(s) that the make-up exam is at the Testing Center and that they will need to make an appointment. This appointment can be made on the make-up exam webpage via the “Make an Appointment” button. All students MUST make an appointment. NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Picking Up Exam Materials: The Testing Center will make every effort to notify the instructor when the final student has completed testing. The preferred method of pick-up is in person for all paper-based exams, however paper based exams can be scanned and emailed. If email is your preference, please designate this on the test proctoring form.
- Instructors must inform student(s) that the test proctoring form for the exam has been sent and received by the testing center. Students should also verify with their instructor for exam dates and deadlines and not the testing center.
- Students make an appointment with the Testing Center by clicking the “Make an Appointment” button. Make-Up exams are only administered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between the hours of 9 AM and 3 PM. Exams should be scheduled allowing enough time to complete the exam in the allotted time given for the test or prior to the test center’s scheduled closing time.
- Confirmation of time/date requested will be confirmed within 48 hours. If the time requested is unavailable, the testing center will try to accommodate the student’s schedule and/or recommend a new time via email.
- NO WALK-INS ACCEPTED. Students arriving to take an exam without an appointment will not be permitted to take the exam, but are welcome to schedule an appointment.
- Due to limited seating, students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time. All students will be given a 15 minutes grace period, if they do not arrive by their scheduled appointment time; however no student will be admitted for testing after 3 PM. Any student arriving after 3 PM that is not admitted will need to reschedule with the Testing Center.
- Students must sign in prior to testing and supply the following information:
- Course Instructor
- Course/Section Number
- Exam Name
- ADA Accommodations: Students needing accommodations should drop off their approved accommodation letter from the disability services office to the Testing Center at least one (1) week prior to testing. The Testing Office is located in the Wilhelmina Delco Building, Ground Floor, Room 141.
Unless otherwise stated on the Test Proctoring Form, identification requirements will be as followed: you are required to present one form of identification. This identification must be current or have expired within 90 days of your test date and must contain a recent and recognizable photo of you.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- Driver’s License
- Passport Book or Card
- State-Issued ID Card
- US Military ID Card (Common Access Card or CAC)
- US Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- PVAMU Student ID
After The Exam
The Testing Center will keep all paper-based exams on file until the end of the semester and then they will be destroyed. If the computer does not show you a score after your exam, students will need to obtain their score from their instructor.
Visit: Wilhelmina Delco Building, Ground Floor, RM 141
Call: (936) 261-3627