College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Prairie View A&M University is a Testing Center for CLEP exams. All CLEP exams may be taken at PVAMU but only CLEP exams listed on the "PVAMU CLEP Examination Course Equivalency Table" will be accepted for credit at PVAMU.
Testing Days & Time
- Friday Appointments ONLY
- Most exams are 90 minutes with the exception of the College Composition exam, which is 120 minutes.
- Seating is limited and appointments are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
|Spring 2018 CLEP Test Dates|
|Test Date||Location||Room||Registration Deadline|
|Thursday, January 11, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Thursday, January 4, 2018|
|Friday, January 26, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, January 19, 2018|
|Friday, February 2, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, January 26, 2018|
|Friday, February 9, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, February 2, 2018|
|Friday, February 16, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, February 9, 2018|
|Friday, March 2, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, February 23, 2018|
|Thursday, March 15, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Thursday, March 8, 2018|
|Friday, March 23, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, March 16, 2018|
|Friday, March 30, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, March 23, 2018|
|Friday, April 6, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, March 30, 2018|
|Friday, April 13, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, April 6, 2018|
|Friday, April 20, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, April 13, 2018|
|Friday, April 27, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, April 20, 2018|
|Friday, May 11, 2018||Wilhelmina Delco||101||Friday, May 4, 2018|
Before the Exam
- Register & Pay for CLEP exam via clep.collegeboard.org
- Request a CLEP Appointment Date & Time
- Upon Completion of your CLEP Appointment form, you will receive an appointment confirmation call from a Test Center representative. Please allow up to 48 hours for your confirmation call.
- After your confirmation call, you will receive your CLEP Appointment Confirmed Email, which will give you more details about the testing day.
- Takers should report to the Testing Lab at least 15 minutes prior to their schedule testing time.
- $85 - Exam fee paid online by credit card while registering for CLEP Exam
- $25 - Administration Fee for PVAMU Students
- $40 - Administration Fee for Non PVAMU Students
- Administration Fees can be paid either online via the PV Marketplace or in person at the cashier's window in W.R. Banks, please bring receipt to testing lab.
Additional Score Transcripts
If you did not indicate a score recipient institution at the time of your exam, and you want to request your CLEP scores, you can do so by ordering a CLEP Transcript. This transcript is a cumulative score report of all the CLEP exams you’ve taken, and the scores you earned in the last 20 years. The institutional transcripts must be official transcripts in a sealed envelope, and show credit was received for the CLEP exam(s).
After The Exam
If you pass the CLEP exam, you will need to wait until CLEP sends the official transcript to the Testing Center. This could take from 2 to 6 weeks. Once the transcript is received, a letter will be sent to the registrar’s office informing them to grant the student credit for the CLEP exam that was taken.
- 90 day waiting period from the date of an exam to retake a CLEP exam.
- Test taker is responsible for knowing and adhering to retake policy.
- Registration, administration, and test fee applies.
Visit: Wilhelmina Delco Building, Ground Floor, RM 141
Call: (936) 261-3627