The HESI A2 Exam is administered by the PVAMU Testing Center on behalf of the College of Nursing for applicants to the Nursing program. Applicants MAY NOT TAKE or RETAKE the exam anywhere other than the APPROVED Prometrics locations or through the PVAMU Testing Center.
Fall 2019 Test Dates- All Test Dates Are Full!!!
|November 5, 2019||1st Time||PVAMU - Main Campus||12 PM||October 29, 2019|
|November 19, 2019||1st Time||PVAMU - Main Campus||12 PM||November 12, 2019|
|November 26, 2019||1st Time||PVAMU - Main Campus||12 PM||November 19, 2019|
- Seating is limited for each date, so no walk-ins will be allowed.
- The exam consist of five (5) sections: Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Critical Thinking, Anatomy and Physiology, and Math.
- You will have 4 hours to complete the exam.
- HESI exam results are good for two (2) years.
- Students are only allowed to take the test twice before they will not be considered for the College of Nursing.
- The second attempt must be a minimum of 30 days after the first attempt.
- Additional resources, such as a conversion table or periodic table, will not be provided.
Once you have registered and paid for your exam, you will need to go to https://evolve.elsevier.com to create your Evolve username and password by clicking Login at the top of the page and selecting "Create An Account." You must bring this user name and password to the exam and for the retest. Please use your eight (8) digit PVID # (Pxxxxxxxx) and your PVAMU e-mail (email@example.com) when creating your Evolve account. Without this information, your scores will be delayed.
Successful completion of the examination is a score of 75% in all five sections within two attempts.
In order to take the exam, you will be required to present one form of identification. The ID must be current (or have expired within 90 days of your test date) and must contain a recent and recognizable photo of you.
- Driver's License
- Passport book or card
- State-issued ID card
- US Military ID Card (Common Access Card or CAC)
- US Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- $60 for PVAMU students
- $75 for non-PVAMU students
All administration fees MUST be paid prior to your arrival for testing through the PV Marketplace or at the cashier’s window in the W.R.Banks Building. Students will need to bring the receipt as proof of payment for all W.R. Banks payments.
All administrative fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
HESI Study Information
- After you have taken the HESI exam, if you need or desire HESI remediation for Retesting please contact The Learning Curve.
To reschedule an exam, you must have approval in writing from the College of Nursing. You must submit the approval BEFORE the scheduled exam date or you will be required to pay the administration fee again.
Please note that Registration forms are not processed automatically. Confirmation emails will be sent 1 week prior to the scheduled exam date, please check your SPAM or JUNK mail.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact the PVAMU testing center.