Great news! If you are currently enrolled as a student at Prairie View A&M University, you already have full access to the Student Rec Center. For access all you need is your current student ID. We also have membership opportunities for faculty, staff, and local community members with connections to Prairie View A&M University.
All members have access to a wide range of services, from a state of the art rock climbing wall, a fully equipped gym, pool access, as well as locker and equipment rentals.
Beginning May 1st 2015, Faculty, Staff, Alumni and Community members will be able to purchase gym memberships and guest passes.
The current process for obtaining a gym membership/guest pass will be as follows:
- Tour the Student Recreation Center
- Complete the application for a Rec Sports Gym Membership or Guest Pass
- Obtain approval from the department of Rec Sports to obtain a membership/guest pass
- Complete and take the “Rec Sports Gym membership Approval & Payment Form” to the PVAMU cashiers office located at W.R. Banks Bldg. Room #124 between 8:30am and 3:00pm Monday-Friday to pay for your approved membership or guest pass.
- Bring the receipt of payment to the Student Recreation Center
Once this process is complete you will be able to use the Student Recreation Center during operating hours.
Memberships & Eligibility
- Faculty, Staff & Alumni – $37.00 per month
- Community Members – $42.00 per month
- Faculty/Staff 20 Entry Pass – $25.00 per month (Please know that the 20 entries expire after 30 days) – Purchase this membership here.
- Faculty, Staff & Alumni (Spouses &Partners) – $5.00 per day
- Community Members – $10.00 per day
* Please note that Faculty, Staff and Alumni must be able to prove their status electronically on Single Sign On or through PV ID. All those that can not verify their current Faculty, Staff or Alumni status will be considered community.
*PVAMU Campus Recreation reserves the right to deny access or membership privileges to any person who can not prove their current relationship with the university, for violation of Rec Sports policy and/or procedures, or any reason deemed inappropriate for membership.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.