If you are looking to take control of your health, you have come to the right place! Our Group Fitness programs offer fun-filled high quality workouts like Zumba® and cycle classes. We offer a number of classes that can fit anyone’s needs regardless of your fitness level. Our cardio room and fully equipped weight room offer the opportunity for anyone to take the steps necessary to a healthier active lifestyle.
Physical activity is the key to a healthy lifestyle. PVAMU’s Department of Recreational Sports is committed to promoting health and wellness with endless opportunities to live a healthy lifestyle. Our fitness center offers 10,000 sqft of workout space consisting of 50 cardio, 33 selectorized, and 30 plate loaded/free weight pieces.
Feel free to come and check us out or ask questions as we offer orientations for those that are unfamiliar with some of the equipment in our facility.
Fitness Center Policies & Procedures
- No one under the age of 14 is permitted in the fitness center
- No one is allowed to personal train a client unless you are employed by PVAMU Rec Sports
- Closed toe, athletic shoes are required
- No altered articles of clothing are permitted
- Ensure drinking bottle has sealable/closeable lid
- Work out at your own fitness level
- Allow other to “work in” with you when occupying equipment for multiple sets
- Avoid dropping weights
- Do not remove weights, benches or equipment from the designated area
- Fitness equipment is not permitted on the track
- Always use a spotter when lifting max weight
- Re-rack your weights
- Return all accessories to their designated location
- Use equipment for its intended purpose. (ex. do not stand on dumbbells)
For more information or questions please contact Seth Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.