Org Policy Privileges recognition
Student Organization Policy: Privileges of Recognition
- There are several advantages and privileges associated with official university recognition.
- The designation as an official student organization at Prairie View A&M University.
- The use of the Prairie View A&M University name to identify institutional affiliations.
- The opportunity to recruit members on campus.
- The use of university facilities to hold meetings and functions on campus.
- The organization will have access to an e-mail account and an Internet web site link that will be associated with the Prairie View A&M University home page.
- The use of an organization mailbox under the auspices of Student Activities.
- The opportunity to publicize approved activities on campus bulletin boards and advertising spaces.
- The organization will have access to University services.
- The organization will have access to Office of Student Activities & Leadership, including publications, resource library, and consulting on such topics as forming organizations, event planning, and group development.
- The organization will have access to training in leadership, parliamentary procedure, publicity, service project planning, among others both individually and for groups.
- The privileges listed above are not extended without careful consideration. Once recognized, an organization carries the name of Prairie View A&M University, and its program and activities planned and presented by the officers and membership of the organization should reflect the policies of the institution.