Appointments and Emergency Services
Appointments may be scheduled in person or by phone during office hours. To schedule an appointment for personal counseling, call (936) 261-3564. Student Counseling Services is open Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. On Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on Saturdays, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Members of Student Counseling Services is a part of the Behavioral Intervention Team and the Sexual Assault Response Team for PVAMU students. During regular university hours, the Student Counseling Service’s staff is available for crisis counseling.
For after-hours emergencies, an on-call counselor will be available by calling the crisis hotline number or you may call the PVAMU Police Department at 936-261-1375 or 4-911, or visit the Emergency Room at the closest hospital.
Important Telephone Numbers
- Student Counseling Services (SCS) 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m./ M-F/936-261-3564
- PVAMU Police Emergency (UPD) 24 Hour assistance: 936-261-1375 or 4-911
- UPD Anonymous TIPS Line 936-261-2222
- Owens-Franklin Health Center (OFHC) 9:00-6:00/M-F/ 936-261-1400
- Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) 936-261-3564
- Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
- Houston Crisis Hotline 24 Hour Assistance: 713-228-1505
- County Crisis Hotline 24 Hour Assistance: 1-800-633-5686
- Focusing Families Crisis Line: 979-826-0000
Click the Link Below