What is Undergraduate Research?
At PVAMU, Undergraduate Research (UR) is scholarly, collaborative, authentic, or original work carried out by a student or group of students within a faculty-mentored environment; and publicly disseminate research outcomes to campus and off campus audiences. Participating in undergraduate research and creative projects in all fields could:
- Create active learning environment, motivate and promote faculty, and allow working one-on-one with research mentors
- Contribute to the creation of new knowledge
- Sharpen critical and analytical thinking skills
- Complement and extend classroom learning
- Enhance confidence in abilities
- Facilitate preparation for graduate-level study