Direct Connect Tuition Assistance Scholarship:
- Associate’s Degree and cumulative GPA 2.0-2.99 – $4000
- Associate’s Degree and cumulative GPA 3.0-4.0 – $5000
- 2.5 Cum GPA with 45 transferable college level hours – $2500
- The tuition assistance scholarship will not exceed the published annual award amounts and is based upon availability of funds and Community College Tuition and Mandatory Fees at the time of registration.
Direct Connect Scholarship Criteria:
- Student must complete the admission process and meet all university and college level admission requirements by the application deadline.
- Student must complete a minimum of 45 transferrable college level hours with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher to be eligible for the program.
- Only course grades of “C-“ or better will be accepted for transfer
- No Developmental Courses will be accepted for transfer
- Student has completed the agreed upon listing of courses that are deemed to be equivalent to PVAMU courses
- Student understands that he/she may need to complete additional pre-requisites as required by the program in which he/she enrolls at PVAMU.
- Student must transfer to PVAMU not later than two semesters or one year after entering the program with a minimum of 45 hours and/or Associate Degree to be eligible for the program benefits.
- Student must meet monthly with the Direct Connect Professional Advisor and provide any official documents as required.
- At the time of class registration the student must meet the Texas Success Initiative requirements and be enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours.
- Tuition assistance is available, in the form of a scholarship for a period up to four semesters for students with 45 transferable hours and a minimum overall GPA 2.5 or higher or an Associate’s Degree.
- All transfer scholarships are reserved for first-time PVAMU enrollees pursing their first baccalaureate degree. In cases of multiple eligibilities, students may receive only one Direct Connect Scholarship.
- The tuition assistance is only limited to students whom are a US Citizen and a Texas Resident and will not exceed the published annual award amounts and is based upon availability of funds and Community College Tuition and Mandatory Fees at the time of registration.
Direct Connect Program Benefits:
- The student is eligible to pay the same fixed tuition & mandatory fees rate at the time of registration as that of any Direct Connect Institutions, if they completed an Associate’s Degree. The student will receive a PVAMU Associate’s Degree Direct Connect Tuition Assistance Scholarship to offset the cost. This fixed tuition & mandatory fees rate program is in accordance with HB 2999.
- The student is eligible to participate in advance course registration provided they meet the pre-registration requirements at the time of enrollment.
- The student is eligible to participate in the Reverse Articulation program.
- The student is eligible to be dual admitted to PVAMU and as such will be eligible to enroll in up to 12 semester credit hours for one semester prior completing the associate’s degree at the community college. The student must meet all of the other program requirements in order to utilize this benefit.
For more information, email email@example.com
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.