Northwest Scholarship Application
NWHC Scholarship Criteria & Application – Effective Fall 2015
IMPORTANT SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA – APPLIES TO ALL APPLICANTS
- Scholarships are available only to US citizens and Texas residents.
- The NWHC scholarship is designed to ease student financial burden for the first year of study.
- Scholarships cover costs up to $2000 per semester or $4000 per academic year for 6 hours only at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 2 courses (6 SCH) at NWHC during a long semester (fall, spring).
- Scholarships will be strategically awarded to support all degree programs at the NWHC.
- Scholarships are competitive and merit based.
- Students must be new to the NWHC or NWHC programs to be eligible.
- Scholarship applicants must submit an unofficial college transcript to the NWHC Scholarship Coordinator to complete the scholarship application process. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients must seek and gain admission (applytexas.org) to their program of choice.
- The NWHC scholarship is generally unavailable in summer. If unspent funds are available, scholarships will be made available in summer on a limited basis, and will require a separate application.
- The NWHC scholarship can be combined with another scholarship following guidelines from the financial aid office.
GRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP (not available to EMBA students)
- Graduate Scholarships are limited to students seeking 1stMaster’s degree at PVAMU.
- The minimum undergraduate GPA required is 3.0.
- Scholarship is limited to students “new” to the NWHC “program” (should not have previously taken graduate courses at PVAMU).
- Second year scholarships may be available on a competitive basis to students who have done exceptionally well (GPA of 3.75 or higher) and have been active as ambassadors. Achieving the minimum GPA of 3.75 does not guarantee a scholarship in the second year.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 with 40 transferable hours
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Fall – March 1
- Summer (If funds are available) – March 1
- Spring – October 1
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Attn: NWHC Scholarship Coordinator
9449 Grant Road, Houston, TX 77070