Full length journal, magazine and newspaper articles can be found in our online article collections.
If a book or article cannot be found in PVAMU’s resources, it can usually be borrowed from another library. Fill out the Interlibrary Loan form, and please note that it may take several weeks to receive the item.
Use the Online Library Catalog to locate books in the library. Search the catalog for “biology”. Most of the books on biology that can be checked out are in the QH section. You’ll find useful statistics and background information in these books, which are located on the first floor of the library in the Reference department:
- Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
QP512 .O94 1997
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Biology
QH540.4 .E52 1995
- Human Microscopic Anatomy : an Atlas for Students of Medicine and Biology
QM557 .K79 1991
- Jump Start Your Career in Bioscience
QH314 .L68 1998
- The Molecular Origins of Life : Assembling Pieces of the Puzzle
QH325 .M68 1998
- Biology Library – http://www.library.uiuc.edu/bix/
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- Virtual Library-Developmental Biology – http://www.sdbonline.org/archive/Other/VL_DB.html