Jean Brumfield, M.L.I.S.
• A.B.D. – University of Pittsburgh (Library Information Science)
• M.L.I.S. – University of Pittsburgh (Library Information Science)
• B.S. – Communication/Legal Studies – University of Pittsburgh
2001-2006 – Adjunct Professor/Teaching Assistant University of Pittsburgh
• College of Arts & Sciences
• Off Campus (Distance Services)
• Culture and the Online Environment: Perceptions of Time and Distance. Texas NAME (National Association for Multicultural Education) Conference, March27-28, 2009
• Grant Research and Proposal Writing. Prairie View A&M University, NW Campus. January 19, 2009
• Internet Technologies and the HBCU Librarian. Poster Session. 15TH National HBCU Faculty Development Symposium. Kellogg Conference Hotel Gallaudet University. Sponsored by Howard University. October 23-25, 2008, Washington, D.C.• Using Online Tutorials to Reduce Uncertainty in Information Seeking Behavior.13thAnnual Off Campus Library Services Conference. Sponsored by Central Michigan University. April 22-25, 2008. Salt Lake City, Utah.
• Using Library E-resources to Enhance Student Learning. 4TH Annual
Teaching with Technology Conference. Texas A&M University Department of
Instructional Technology. College Station, Texas, February 12-13, 2008.
• ProQuest Focus Group—Evaluating Ethnic and Diversity Resources databases.
August 4, 2007. Black Caucus of the American Library Association Conference.
Forth Worth, Texas. August 1-4, 2007.
• Take me to the water: Staying afloat in the information ocean. Round table
discussion. ACRL 13th National Conference. Baltimore, Maryland, March 19-
April 1, 2007
• Distance education and culture. National Association of African American Studies
and Affiliates. Baton Rouge, Louisiana. February 12-17, 2007.
• Brumfield, E.J. “Library Outreach to Juvenile Offenders in Intensive Supervision Probation Programs (Community Centered House Arrest)”. ERIC (Education Resource Information Center). October 2008• Brumfield, E.J. “Using Online Tutorials to Reduce Uncertainty in Information Seeking Behavior”. Journal of Library Administration and Management v.48 no.3 & 4 (Fall 2008)• Brumfield, E.J. “Using Online Tutorials to Reduce Uncertainty in Information Seeking Behavior”. 13th Annual Off-Campus Library Services Conference
Proceedings. Edited by S.M. Mathson & J.A. Garrison. Mount Pleasant, Central
Michigan University Publisher. 2008. pp. 81-90
• Spink, A., Brumfield, J., Park, M., Alvarado-Albertorio, F., Narayan, B.
“Multitasking information behavior in public libraries: A survey study.” Journal of
Librarianship and Information Science, Vol. 39, No. 3, 177-186 (2007). SAGE