College of Nursing Library
Welcome to the College of Nursing Library! Here you will find general information about the resources available to you at the John B Coleman Library and the TMC Library. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Students may use the College of Nursing student areas from 6 a.m. to 12 midnight. After 6 p.m. and prior to 8 a.m., students must use their building access card to enter the building and other designated areas. Students must use access badges individually and must not use their badges to allow other students, visitors, etc. to enter building.
Librarian Office Hours:
HAM-TMC Library Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The Nursing Librarian position is vacant. Contact Annie Gilliam, M.S. EPSY, DNP Director of Student Engagement, College of Nursing, (713) 797-7073, Email: email@example.com
College of Nursing Resources
- AccessPortal–Online Nursing Video Collection
YOU WILL NEED TO USE YOUR PVAMU EMAIL ADDRESS (@pvamu.edu or @student.pvamu.edu) TO REGISTER. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE ANY OTHER EMAIL ADDRESS. WE RECOMMEND MAKING YOUR USERNAME THE SAME AS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY ISSUES, PLEASE CONTACT – SUPPORT@ACCESSPORTAL.COM
**If you are having problems with accessing the tests for each video, make sure that your browser is not blocking any pop-ups.
- RefWorks – RefWorks is a web-based bibliography and database manager that allows you to create your own personal database by importing references from text files or online databases and other various sources. You can use these references in writing papers and automatically format the paper and the bibliography in seconds. RefWorks How to Videos
- TexShare Card–This card allows users to check out materials at many Texas libraries whom are members of TexShare.
TMC Library Resources
- Requesting Online Access–All new College of Nursing Students must fill out this form to request online access to TMC Library’s resources.
- Requesting Library Card–Fill out this form to request a library card. Please note that this is different from requesting access to TMC Library’s databases.
- TMC Library’s ILL–This ILL login is not the same as your John B Coleman ILL login. You will need to create a new separate account.
- TMC Hours, Contact Info, and Map
Extra Research Help
Directory of Nursing Journals–A list of journals specifically related to Nursing.
OWL Purdue APA–For when you need a little extra help understanding the APA citation format.
APA Brochure — concise guide and example citations of APA format