You will no longer have to manually register your mobile devises (cell phone, iPad etc.), Safe Connect policy key software will start automatically the first time that you connect to the Internet. Please select PVmobilenet from the list of Networks, enter the PVAMU wireless password and login with your PantherNetID username and password. If you don’t know the password call the ITS Computer Service Center at 936-261 9330.
To connect a cell phone or tablet to the PVAMU Wireless Network:
Tap the Settings app icon
- Tap the Wi-Fi button in the left pane
- Set the Wi-Fi switch to On
- Select PVMobileNet
- Enter the security password. The security password can be obtained by calling the ITS Computer Service Center at 936-261- 9330 or going to S.R. Collins Rm. 106.
- Tap Join.
To Access your PVAMU email from your mobile phone:
1. Change your current email password by visiting the https://mypassword.pvamu.edu/ (DO NOT MISS THIS STEP)
2. Follow the instructions on your mobile phone (Tips below). Depending on your mobile phone you may have to sync your email
1. Go to Settings
2. Mail, contacts, Calendars
3. Add Account
4. Choose Other, Add Mail Account
5. Fill up the Name, Email and Password
7. Incoming mail server
8. Select IMAP
9. Host Name: imap.gmail.com
10. User Name: entire email address
12. Outgoing mail server
13. Host Name: smtp.gmail.com
14. User Name ( Optional): email address
15. Password (Optional):
17. Finish Setup
2. Accounts and sync
3. Add account
5. Email address
8. Protocol: IMAP
9. IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
10. Security type: SSL
11. Server port: 993
13. SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
14. Security type:TLS
15. Server port: 587
17. Account Name
18. Finish set up.
Mobile Phone Email FAQ
- My account username is not working
Make sure you are entering correct credentials. It should be firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: It is @student.pvamu.edu not @pvamu.edu)
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.