Mission of IR at PVAMU
To assist the University in achieving its mission of excellence in teaching, research, and service, the Office of Institutional Research provides management information and centralized reporting services to clients both within and external to the University. The information provided assists with decision making, policy development, and the implementation of alternative solutions through a variety of analytic activities, data gathering, interpretation, assessment, and research projects.
Goals and Objectives
- Developing for academic deans and other campus administrators a series of management reports and analyses that integrate information from a variety of institutional and external data sources.
- Providing academic and administrative managers with information needed to address ad hoc problems and issues.
- Creating organized, documented, and accessible data resources based on institutional, survey, and external databases.
- Conducting survey research to assess the expectations, satisfaction, and outcomes of students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and other stakeholders.
- Providing direct support to specific campus, school, and program evaluation and planning activities.
- Developing computer network-based systems for collecting, accessing information in a more timely and cost-effective manner.
- Helping staff from other academic and administrative units to conduct institutional research, reporting.