Information for Media
To receive credentials and access to events, all media must register in advance with the Office of Marketing and Communications. All events are Friday, April 20, at Prairie View A&M University, 100 University Dr., Prairie View, TX 77446.
When and Where
Credentialed reporters and cameras must arrive at the Student Recreation Center no later than noon.
- Showcase: Colleges and School 9 a.m. Various locations throughout campus
- Scholars’ Voices: A Study of African American Culture and History in the HBCU Curriculum 9:00 a.m. Memorial Student Center, Opal Johnson-Smith Auditorium
- Investiture Ceremony: 1:30 p.m., Panther Stadium.
- Inauguration Reception: Panther Stadium West gate
On the day of the event, press should check in at the Student Recreation Center room 213 to receive press credentials and press packet.
- Photographers are permitted only on the outside aisles of the lawn seating. Photographers are not allowed in the center aisle or on the stage.
- Limited media truck parking is available. Please contact the Office of Marketing and Communications to make arrangements.
- If media would like to view the ceremony online, streaming video will be available at pvamu.edu/stream.
- The event also will be simulcast to these locations on campus: Student Recreation Center and the Opal Johnson-Smith auditorium in the Willie A. Tempton, Sr. Memorial Student Center.